Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday dinner



Blood sugar is holding nice and steady.

Tonight we had a feast. I made hummus from scratch, using the method on this excellent blog:

http://www.waffleizer.com/waffleizer/2010/03/waffled-falafel-and-secret-to-perfect-hummus.html

I made big corn chips by turning the oven to 320 degrees and putting in corn tortillas - right on the rack. Ten minutes and watching. I turned the oven off until it was time to eat and they were perfectly crisp.

Mercy made her famous salsa and guacamole.

Bud roasted vegetables to perfection.

I tossed in some yams...baked them until they were syrupy.

Brown rice, corn, and cheddar cheese.

Huge Gulf shrimp made by JM.

Excellent new batch of black beans by Mercy.

I had everything but the shrimp, guacamole, and cheese. As you can see my plate was full.

Wonderful.

The kids had us laughing our heads off. All of them were home. And to think we lived like this for years and years with nary a goodbye in sight, ever. So when they are all here, it's like the best of ordinary days.

No comments:

Post a Comment