Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 2 of Quest

Today is Day 2 of the Great Quest to Reverse Diabetes. My blood sugar is down to 129 this morning - let's see if it continues to drop. I didn't get hungry yesterday and I went on the treadmill. Downton Abbey is my favorite treadmill show. There are so many little bits to the plots that it is a constant gold mine.

I'm looking for all my low fat vegan books. I know they are here in the house. I just don't know where. I know the drill. Daily fat grams under 20. High fiber, whole foods over processed. That means brown rice over rice pasta.

There is a big pot of black beans on the stove. I make my own recipe, and we all love it. It is based on the fat free black bean dip at Trader Joe's. Black beans, 1 can of tomato paste, 1 can of crushed or diced tomatoes, garlic, salt, red wine vinegar, onions. One time I was reading a Gourmet magazine article on black beans in the Caribbean and found out that I was breaking many rules. Oh Well.

I will write up the recipe to share. I love black beans and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment