Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Two Weeks of this...

Well, I fell off my plan and climbed back on. In between there were fried clams and fried chicken, and all sorts of sweet things. There was ice cream and quesadillas, and lots of guacamole and chicken adobo. All during it, my baseline blood sugar started to climb. It came down a bit on days I walked, but the good low levels I was so please with were gone.

Then I read about someone I knew who had a stroke, and someone else who had a heart attack and I realized, I only have one shot at this life. Then again, I looked at my youngest and was immediately reminded of how old I was when I had here, and what kind of longevity I needed to stick around until she was middle aged like me.

It was sobering. So I put away all the delicious food of the past, and embarked once again on this Low Fat Vegan Journey. I bought Dr. John McDougall's latest book," The Starch Solution" to reinforce myself. I read it through, and I know it all by now.

I knew exactly what to do.

Of all the ways of eating, there will be one that sticks well to an individual. For me, the hardest thing to give up are carbohydrates. I don't like eating masses of meat. It starts to bother me - as much as I love fried chicken and steak.

So I began again. Within four days, my blood sugar had settle down and was dropping. And it is a beautiful morning number once again. And I am enjoying what I eat. I really am.

I made a wonderful batch of bean soup.

Wish me luck, because I'm on a roll...again!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck kiddo...praying for you...been there done that...add prayer to your regime and that will give your strength. You can't do it alone...have Him walk with you.

    ReplyDelete